Shanghai may be an ancient, historic city but the city skyline will soon make you forget that. The bustling metropolis is one of the fastest moving and most technologically advanced cities in the world. Flights to Shanghai can be very long, so be sure that you’re going to travel in comfort. Join us in our Business Class seats for lie-flat seats and plenty of amenities so that you can arrive rested and refreshed!
Things to Do in Shanghai
There’s plenty to see and do in Shanghai! Here are five attractions that you definitely need to make time for:
- The Bund is a viewing point across the river from which you can see the city’s skyline perfectly. Go at night time and watch the city light up!
- Take a walk around the traditional Chinese gardens of Yu Gardens, and admire the beautiful water features and architecture.
- The canals – take a gondola ride down the canals to take in the historic side of the city.
- The Former French Concession is a fascinating and quaint old where you can simply walk the streets and take in the architecture or sit back and enjoy a delicious meal.
- Take the super-fast elevator to the top of Shanghai’s tallest building, Shanghai Tower, and see the entire city disappear below your feet.
What to Eat in Shanghai
Street food is very popular in Shanghai. A plethora of street vendors prepare fresh, cheap eats from their carts, serving you with fuss-free meals that are packed with flavour. This is perhaps the best way to taste the city’s authentic cuisine. Noodle dishes are predominant and often accompanied by your choice of pork, beef, chicken, or tofu. Try ‘Xiao Long Bao’, a delicious meal of steamed dumplings served in a clear soup. Shanghai uses eel in a lot of dishes so if you’re feeling adventurous, why not try Shansi Leng Mian – eel noodles!
The Weather in Shanghai
If you’re looking to explore Shanghai in the sun, we’d recommend you travel between June and September, as these are the hottest months. The city can get very cold in winter so be prepared to take a coat and warm layers with you. It may even snow in the depths of winter, so you might want to take suitable footwear. The rainiest months are June and September so pack your umbrella if you are visiting during this time.
Don’t miss out on the best deals for Shanghai flights; book your journey with Air Europa on our official website today!