Paris - Gran Canaria
*Prices have been available for round-trip flights within the last 48 hours and may not be currently available. Additional baggage fees and fees for other optional services may apply. Other terms and conditions may apply.
Located just off the African coast, Gran Canaria is a Spanish island that offers stunning beaches, mesmerising nature and a vast mountainous landscape, as well as an undiscovered cultural capital: Las Palmas. Ready to explore the beauties of Gran Canaria? Uncover the best Gran Canaria flight deals today on Air Europa’s official website.
Sights in Gran Canaria
- The island’s UNESCO-protected Roque Nublo is an 80-metre-high volcanic rock and one of the most famous landmarks on the island. Enjoy a challenging hike to the top and be rewarded with stunning views of the island’s landscape.
- With over 80 beaches to choose from, it can be hard to choose; Maspalomas is one of the longest stretches of beach on the island, and features extraordinary dunes and the chance to ride a camel through the sand.
- Step back in time at the Pueblo Canario, a reimagining of an old Gran Canarian village. Hear traditional folk music and discover historic art forms long forgotten.
- Relax in the picture-perfect coastal town of Puerto de Mogán. With its beautiful white-washed architectural style, the town is the ideal place to unwind and enjoy island life.
- The Painted Cave is a must-see archaeological site that reveals an ancient settlement on the island. Explore the island’s history through this fascinating physical discovery.
Gran Canaria Festivals
- Día de los Reyes (Day of the Three Wise Men) takes place every January and sees the towns and cities filled with parades, including the traditional three wise men handing out sweets to children.
- Celebrate the island’s fruitful almond trees at the Festival of the Almond Blossom in February. The festival is a chance to sample the local almond offerings, including almond wines and almond sweets.
- Gran Canaria has one of the most exciting and vibrant carnival celebrations, particularly in its largest towns and villages. Enjoy a parade of colourful costumes, music and a fun party atmosphere at the Lent celebration.
- Every July, the Fiesta del Carmen celebrates the patron saint of fishermen in a week-long event across the island – a very important celebration for local people.
Travel Tips for Gran Canaria
Gran Canaria’s Las Palmas is one of the largest cities in all of Spain, and offers the hustle and bustle of a large metropolis; while the rest of the island is mountainous and sparse and much calmer for visitors. Make use of the island’s excellent transportation system, with convenient buses and ferries available. Thanks to the island’s location, Gran Canaria usually experiences warm weather all year round. Rest and relax in some of the world’s most beautiful islands by booking your flights to Gran Canaria today!