Despite its colonial charm and strong indigenous culture, Paraguay remains one of South America’s least-visited destinations. With beautiful natural attractions, fascinating historical sites, and plentiful opportunities for tax-free shopping, go somewhere off-the-beaten-path with Paraguay flights.
Main Attractions in Paraguay
- Asunción (ASU): Explore what was once one of South America’s most powerful colonial cities, admiring the elegant architecture of Plaza de los Héroes and Plaza Uruguaya, visiting the art-filled Museo del Barro and unwinding in the pretty Botanical Garden. Stroll along the river in the evenings or enjoy the diverse bars and restaurants in Paseo Carmelitas. With such variety, you can look forward to a holiday to remember!
- Located on the outskirts of Asunción, the Museo del Barro offers a glimpse into historical Paraguayan and Latin American cultures with the range of art on display. The museum is split into three different sections: a pottery museum, an indigenous art museum and a contemporary art collection. The pottery section is home to over 300 pieces of pre-Columbian ceramics, and the indigenous section boasts 1,700 fascinating pieces including baskets, masks and feather work.
- Shop until you drop at Paseo La Galería, a popular shopping mall in Asunción. Featuring a huge range of stores and restaurants and even a cinema, this is the perfect place to spend a hot afternoon.
- San Bernardino: Relax on the shores of Lake Ypacarai and try various water sports before wandering past European-style townhouses built by Swiss and German migrants.
Natural Attractions in Paraguay
- Ybycuí National Park: Spot an array of wildlife, including capuchin monkeys, howler monkeys, coati, butterflies and birds at Paraguay’s most-visited national park. Take a dip at the small waterfall and visit the museum.
- Eco-reserva Mbatoví: Have an exciting time in nature with zip lines, suspended bridges and rappelling. A top place for thrill-seekers, it also has plenty of interest for fans of the great outdoors.
Best Time of Year to Visit Paraguay
October to March is the rainiest, hottest and most humid time of year in Paraguay, but the summer still attracts many visitors. April to September has less rainfall and lower temperatures, with May to August being the coolest months. The peak tourist season is between April and July. February, March, and July are the best months to visit Paraguay if you’re keen to experience lively local festivals.
Visit our official website and book your flights to Paraguay with Air Europa for tasty in-flight cuisine and great onboard entertainment.
Paris - AsunciónROUND TRIPCDG - ASU
30/07/2019ASU - CDG
*Prices have been available for round-trip flights within the last 48 hours and may not be currently available. Additional baggage fees and fees for other optional services may apply. Other terms and conditions may apply.