Porto - Amsterdam
Lisbon - Amsterdam
*Prices have been available for round-trip flights within the last 48 hours and may not be currently available. Additional baggage fees and fees for other optional services may apply. Other terms and conditions may apply.
The Netherlands is known for tulips, wooden clogs, windmills, and iconic art, amongst other things. While many people immediately think of the capital of Amsterdam, with its many canals and bicycles, there are also plenty of other excellent destinations to discover in this northern European country. Check out our official website for the best prices for your flight to the Netherlands on Air Europa, and don’t forget to join the Air Europa SUMA loyalty programme to earn points for excellent upgrades and discounts. Book your next holiday with us today!
Highlights of a Trip to the Netherlands
- Amsterdam (AMS): Experience the village-like and arty vibe in Jordaan, take a boat ride along the canals, unwind in one of the many cafés, admire art in the Rijksmuseum, relax in Vondelpark, and visit Anne Frank’s house, where she famously hid during World War II. The infamous red-light district is a must for a night out, and De Pijp offers a more offbeat night scene.
- The Hague: Wander through the world’s judicial capital and observe the inner workings of the Dutch Parliament at Binnenhof. The main square, Het Plein, is surrounded by graceful architecture. Mauritshuis and Museum Bredius are top spots for art lovers, while Museum de Gevangenpoort shows what life was like in a medieval prison. The Hague has many elegant parks and gardens, including Westbroekpark, Park Clingendael, and Haagse Bos, and you can easily access beaches along the North Sea.
- Rotterdam: Stroll through this historic port city and see why it is known as a top destination for architecture enthusiasts. There are museums, churches, monuments, and the Markthal is a great place to pick up fresh produce, while Rotterdam Zoo is ideal for families.
- Utrecht: Enjoy the surprisingly youthful ambience in this historic city, and sightsee at the Gothic St. Martin's Cathedral, which has Dom Tower – the country’s tallest tower, and visit the City Hall, the Oudegracht, and the Inktpot.
- Delft: See the famous locally produced blue and white ceramics and visit local attractions, like the windmill of Molen de Roos, the Old Church and the New Church, the Delft Synagogue, and the Museum Prinsenhof.
The Netherlands with Children
The Netherlands is one of the most family-friendly destinations in Europe. Children are welcomed almost everywhere and there are many things for families to enjoy.
- Efteling: With rides, attractions, and shows themed around fairy tales, folklore, myths, and legends, Efteling is a fabulous amusement park that children will love.
- Archeon: Step back in time at this fascinating open-air museum, with terrific reconstructed historical buildings, and actors in costumes, to really bring scenes to life.
- Apenheul Primate Park: Few children can resist the joy of seeing an array of monkeys and apes up close.
- Diergaarde Blijdorp: Perfect for a family day out, the Rotterdam Zoo houses many species of animals from across the world.
Popular Times to Visit the Netherlands
Summer sees the most visitors to the Netherlands, though late spring and early autumn are also great times for a trip. The Christmas Markets add an extra-special touch to winter visits.
Book your flights to the Netherlands with Air Europa for great deals and excellent service, on our modern, sophisticated, and comfortable planes.