Lisbon - Santo Domingo
Porto - Santo Domingo
*Prices have been available for round-trip flights within the last 48 hours and may not be currently available. Additional baggage fees and fees for other optional services may apply. Other terms and conditions may apply.
The largest city in the Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo, is the capital of the Caribbean. This historic island city is filled with cobbled streets, spectacular architecture, and unique art collections. In other words, it’s an undiscovered cultural gem! Get ready to explore this breathtaking city by booking your flight to Santo Domingo today. Remember that the best online price is guaranteed only on Air Europa’s official website. For more benefits, sign up to our Air Europa SUMA loyalty programme and start earning miles and rewards every time you fly.
What to Do in Santo Domingo
- Embrace the island’s magnificent nature and lush climate at the National Botanical Gardens. Experience the Dominican Republic’s stunning natural landscapes, and don’t miss the garden’s Japanese section.
- A UNESCO-listed heritage site, Alcázar de Colón contains some of the oldest medieval and Renaissance colonial architecture and is well-worth a visit to gain an insight into the island’s history.
- Step back in time at the Museum of the Royal Houses as you stroll around the government buildings and royal courts of the island’s Spanish colonialists.
- Enjoy the city’s nightlife and wide range of delightful restaurants at the Plaza de España, one of the largest public spaces in the city, located close to the Alcázar de Colón.
- Visit one of the Santo Domingo’s most recognisable buildings, the National Pantheon, once located in the colonial heart of the city. Today, the building houses the tombs of some of the country’s most honoured figures.
Santo Domingo Festivals
- The city is one of the best places to be during February’s Carnival. The international Christian festival takes over the streets, and includes traditions such as throwing blown-up sheep bladders and balloons.
- On the last day of Carnival, the city celebrates its Independence Day. In sync with a live cannon, revellers march to El Conde across the city for the festivities.
Travel Tips for Santo Domingo
Santo Domingo benefits from a warm climate all year round, with an average temperature of around 30 °C, ideal for blissful beach trips and relaxing city exploring. The city is also well-connected, with a network of bus routes and an excellent underground train line, offering an affordable way to travel across the city. Food lovers will find a home in the quaint street cafes and small eateries, with superb local cuisine and charming atmospheres. Fly to Santo Domingo with Air Europa to start a relaxing trip from the minute you step onboard!