Ibiza - Montevideo
Madrid - Montevideo
Barcelona - Montevideo
Valencia - Montevideo
Alicante - Montevideo
Malaga - Montevideo
*Prices have been available for round-trip flights within the last 48 hours and may not be currently available. Additional baggage fees and fees for other optional services may apply. Other terms and conditions may apply.
Montevideo, Uruguay’s capital, is a popular tourist attraction famed for its colonial homes, art deco architecture and other landmark buildings. Fly to Montevideo with Air Europa and experience this vibrant city’s unique cultural mix and the best deals on flights. Don’t delay! Find now the best online deals on flights to Montevideo, available only on Air Europa’s official website!
Things to Do in Montevideo
- Uruguay’s architecture is an eclectic mix of old and new, and one of the best places to witness this is on a walk around the Plaza Independencia. The square also contains a statue of José Gervasio Artigas, the exiled general considered to be the father of Uruguay.
- Visit Catedral Matriz, completed in 1804. There are memorials, one major altar and several side altars, together with tombs of several of the former archbishops and bishops who served in the Cathedral.
- The Solís Theatre is certainly worth a visit for its interesting architecture alone. Opened in 1856, this once prominent music theatre was host to world-renowned composers, conductors and performers until the early 1930s, and it now exhibits government supported cultural shows.
- Unusual for its theme, the Andes Museum showcases the story of the Uruguayan survivors of the rugby team's crash aboard Uruguayan Air Force Flight 571 into the Andes mountains in 1972, depicted in the film ‘Alive’. The museum sensitively recounts the incident and how the country stood watch, waiting for news of survivors.
- La Rambla is Montevideo’s coastal promenade that stretches for 20 km along the seafront. There you’ll find glorious beaches and get to hang out with the locals, who gather there to socialise on Sunday afternoons.
A walk around the Pocitos seaside neighbourhood with its many pleasant restaurants and bars is a nice change of pace from the busy city centre. Its golden beaches are relaxed and clean and perfect for a family day out.
What to Eat in Montevideo
If you’re a foodie, you’ll be spoilt for choice on your trip to Montevideo. The city boasts plenty of vegetarian and vegan eateries, as well as steakhouses and bistros.
When to visit Montevideo
Popular but less busy times to visit Montevideo are spring and autumn, when the days are mild with frequent Indian summers. If carnivals are your thing, the colourful Montevideo Carnival takes place every year in February and March.
Upgrade your Air Europa flights to Montevideo with our Business Club, and enjoy lie-flat seats, extra space and special menus on board one of the youngest fleets in the world.
Ibiza - MontevideoROUND TRIPIBZ - MVD
16/12/2019MVD - IBZ
Madrid - MontevideoROUND TRIPMAD - MVD
16/12/2019MVD - MAD
Barcelona - MontevideoROUND TRIPBCN - MVD
16/12/2019MVD - BCN
Alicante - MontevideoROUND TRIPALC - MVD
16/12/2019MVD - ALC
Valencia - MontevideoROUND TRIPVLC - MVD
16/12/2019MVD - VLC
Malaga - MontevideoROUND TRIPAGP - MVD
16/12/2019MVD - AGP
A Coruna - MontevideoROUND TRIPLCG - MVD
16/12/2019MVD - LCG
Vigo - MontevideoROUND TRIPVGO - MVD
16/12/2019MVD - VGO
Gran Canaria - MontevideoROUND TRIPLPA - MVD
30/03/2020MVD - LPA
Bilbao - MontevideoROUND TRIPBIO - MVD
16/12/2019MVD - BIO