*Prices have been available for round-trip flights within the last 48 hours and may not be currently available. Additional baggage fees and fees for other optional services may apply. Other terms and conditions may apply.
Palermo is an interesting combination of ancient Italian civilisations alongside the new wave of dramatic, young Italian lifestyles. There are plenty of beautiful beaches and cultural hotspots waiting to be explored in Palermo. Air Europa offers flights to Palermo from 16 destinations across Europe so wherever you’re based, this vibrant seaside city is always one easy flight away.
Points of Interest in Palermo
- Santa Maria dell'Ammiraglio (La Martorana) – don’t be fooled by the exterior, the inside of this cathedral is a beautiful masterpiece!
- Riserva Naturale Orientata Di Capo Gallo – this nature reserve features rocky cliffside beaches and crystal-clear water.
- Catacombe Paleocristiane di Porta d'Ossuna – head underground to see this amazing catacomb, less well-known than the famous Capuchin Catacombs of Palermo, which house a number of mummified remains.
- Monte Pellegrino – take a hike to the top of this mountain to see incredible views over the city.
- Museum of tiles Stanze al Genio – take a look at the beautiful and intricate tiles and mosaics on display.
The Weather in Palermo
Visiting Palermo between May and October ensures that you can enjoy the city on warm, dry days – perfect for those of you wanting to spend your time relaxing on a beach. Winters are mild and wet, so this is still a good time to go with plenty to see and do if you want to visit at a quieter time of year.
Best Beaches in Palermo
Palermo is lined with small, intimate beaches and clear blue water. A lot of the very best beaches in all of Sicily are either directly in Palermo or very close by so you can really enjoy some fantastic beach hopping on your holiday here. The sea bed is lined with seaweed which attracts lots of sea life and makes it a perfect place to enjoy some snorkelling. Some of the most beautiful beaches include Mondello, Aspra, Isola delle Femmine and Arenella. Mondello is the largest beach in Palermo and has a fantastic, welcoming atmosphere. For those of you looking for your own private paradise, head to Arenella Beach. This beautiful but small beach is somewhat off the beaten track so rarely gets too busy. It’s like your own private paradise!
Make the most of your Palermo flight by connecting to our onboard Wi-Fi. You can chat to your friends, stream music or catch up on some work while you fly to Palermo on Air Europa. Have a look at our great deals on our official website.