With beaches, fascinating Mayan ruins, thriving cities, and stunning countryside Mexico offers a thrilling environment for everyone. Convenient Mexico flights, delicious food and a zest for life add to the country’s appeal.
Top Places to Visit in Mexico
- Cancun (CUN): Sunbathe on sandy beaches and explore national parks on a jeep safari. Visit the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza, which offer great insights into the nation’s past or dive into Cancun’s vibrant nightlife.
- Mexico City (MEX): Tour its many historic sites in the city centre, including the sacred Basílica de Guadalupe, and the arts district of Coyoacán. With the most museums of any city in the world, Mexico City offers something for all interests. Escape the crowds at the scenic Xochimilco and take children to Chapultepec Park and Zoo.
- Veracruz (VER): Watch the Cuban-inspired traditional dance of “danzón”, admire coastal views with a stroll along the boulevard, relax on the beaches and hear grisly prison tales at San Juan de Ulúa Castle.
- Aguascalientes (AGU): Visit the unusual Museo Nacional de la Muerte, the Museum of Death, to learn more about Mexican traditions. Admire art at Museo José Guadalupe Posada, unwind in San Marcos Garden and pick up local souvenirs in the markets.
- Monterrey (MTY): Mexico’s third largest city offers a culture-rich experience and exciting nightlife. Visit the Macroplaza, the world's fourth largest public square, and deepen your knowledge of Mexican art at The Museum of Contemporary Art.
- San José del Cabo (SJD): The Zona Hotelera beach area of this resort city offers miles of beautiful white sands. Tick an item off your bucket list at Dolphin Discovery, explore a variety of art galleries and visit the historic San Jose del Cabo Church.
Hidden Gems in Mexico
- Ride the tequila train to Tequila from Guadalajara (GDL) and take a tour of the agave fields and tequila distillery.
- Spend time in the colonial town of Merida to see a more traditional side of the Yucatán Peninsula.
- Surf and unleash your inner creativity at Todos Santos, an arty coastal town on the Baja Península.
Festivals in Mexico
Mexico has many vibrant festivals throughout the year. Check the dates of your favourites before booking your flights to Mexico and add something extra to your trip. Aguascalientes hosts Mexico’s biggest state fair, Feria de San Marcos, each April, with lots of traditional entertainment, food, stalls and fun. The colourful parades of Carnaval, held at Lent, take place around Mexico. September 16th is Mexico’s Independence Day with many festivities throughout the country. Día de los Muertos, the Day of the Dead, is widely celebrated on the 1st of November – Veracruz and Mexico City have especially lively celebrations.
Book your Air Europa flights to Mexico on our official website for a comfortable flight with great in-flight services.