*Prices have been available for round-trip flights within the last 48 hours and may not be currently available. Additional baggage fees and fees for other optional services may apply. Other terms and conditions may apply.
A unique mishmash of architectural styles, Porto boasts a wonderfully eclectic landscape filled with tea rooms, boutiques and restaurants. Known for its port and lavish architecture, Porto is a wonderful weekend break or long getaway destination. To see what it has to offer, check out Air Europa’s official website for fantastic deals on flights to Porto from 16 destinations across Europe. Don’t miss out on your chance to explore Porto.
Porto Points of Interest
There’s lots to see and do in Porto, but admiring the beautiful architecture is a particular treat!
- Mercado Bom Sucesso: This combination of farmers’ market and food hall is the perfect place to shop for fresh produce or taste inexpensive and authentic local cuisine. You can also pick up some local and hand-crafted goods.
- Ponte de Dom Luis I: You can choose to either walk across this amazing bridge or take a cable car to appreciate both the views over the city and the architecture of the bridge.
- Cais da Ribeira: Check out this neighbourhood for the best of the city’s quirky mishmash of architecture.
- Rio Douro: Rent a boat to paddle down this calm river and see a unique side of Porto.
- Palacio da Bolsa: Tour this ornate and decadent palace.
Porto is well situated for easy access to plenty of great beaches. The closest and best option, Praia de Matosinhos is a large, sandy beach perfect for families and sunbathing. The sea is calm enough to swim in, and you can also enjoy snorkelling, surfing and other water sports. Even better is you can access it by metro and get there in just15 to 20 minutes so a trip to the beach is easily accomplished. Another close-by and metro-accessible beach is Praia do Ourigo. However, the journey is slightly longer at about 30 minutes.
The Weather in Porto
Porto has mildly warm, dry summers, so June, July, August and September are great months to visit. The winter months don’t get too cold, and there’s little to no chance of snow. However, they can be very wet, and during some of the rainier months, it can drizzle up to 15 days. December, January, April and May are particularly wet, so if you are travelling then, take a waterproof jacket!
Join Air Europa onboard our Porto flights and make the journey on our modern aircrafts. Our professional helpful staff and in-flight amenities help make time fly by on your trip in the air.