London - Santa Cruz
*Prices have been available for round-trip flights within the last 48 hours and may not be currently available. Additional baggage fees and fees for other optional services may apply. Other terms and conditions may apply.
Fly to Santa Cruz, Bolivia’s most surprising city. Despite being the country’s largest city, Santa Cruz has an unrelenting small-town persona, with its colonial architecture, tropical climate, and mesmerising narrow streets. Are you ready to step into this charming, colossal city today? Experience this wonderful city with our flight deals to Santa Cruz! Don’t delay and book now on Air Europa’s official website!
What to Do in Santa Cruz
- The Yvaga Guazú nature park is the best place to experience the country’s unique tropical nature and wildlife. A short bus ride from the city centre, the park is the perfect serene spot from which take in the city’s natural surroundings.
- Discover the city’s Museum of Art. Based in the beautiful historic cathedral, the interesting collection of gold and silver artefacts were brought over with the Jesuit Guarayos.
- Enjoy views across the cityscape from the top of the Basílica Menor de San Lorenzo’s Bell Tower, a 19th century cathedral built on the grounds of the original structure, dating from the 1600s.
- Soak up the atmosphere in the Plaza 24 de Septiembre, the central plaza where the city’s locals and tourists alike meet, play chess, indulge in local food and drink, and enjoy the view of the city’s cathedral.
Santa Cruz Festivals
- Following suit with the rest of South America and other Spanish-speaking countries, Carnival is a key festival in the Santa Cruz calendar. Brightly-coloured festivities take to the city’s streets to celebrate during the week before Lent.
- The Fiesta de la Cruz is a celebration of the cross on which Christ was crucified and takes place during May, when revellers party on the streets across the country.
- Unique to Santa Cruz, the San Lorenzo festival, which takes place in the neighbourhood of San Lorenzo, is a must-see, featuring dancing, games, music and processions.
- November’s San Andrés is an occasion for celebration across the city, with folk music, fireworks, and traditional singing taking centre stage.
Travel Tips for Santa Cruz
As one of the fastest growing cities in the world, Santa Cruz is known as a vibrant and exciting destination for tourists. Because of the size of the city, it’s advisable to make use of the bus network, which has an app to help you plan your route. The city is the “Sloth Capital of the World”, so be sure to be on the look-out for the lazy tropical animals, which can usually be found in the city’s outskirts.
London - Santa CruzROUND TRIPLGW-VVI