Air Europa reports that restrictions on travel and movement of people announced by various government agencies have affected our operations.
The company is offering unprecedented flexibility to its passengers, with measures to facilitate ticket changes that we are updating daily and that are unparalleled in the airline's history.
Munich is the perfect blend of German heritage with Mediterranean street cafes and powerhouse financial districts. The city is made up of quaint, historic 16th century buildings and traditional beer halls. A walk around the city will highlight how the traditional German lifestyle coexists merrily with Germany as it is today – a powerful, industrial and forward-thinking country. You'll see lederhosen worn as frequently as expensive suits in Munich. Air Europa provides flights to Munich from 16 cities across Europe, so wherever you’re flying from, Munich is well within range.
Things to Do in Munich
One thing’s for sure when visiting Munich; you’ll never get bored! Take a look at some of our top picks of attractions to visit.
- English Garden: Beautiful greenery and a river make it a perfect place to stroll through.
- Marienplatz: Look at the interesting architecture, do some shopping or stop for a meal in the historic city centre.
- Viktualienmarkt: Shop at this wonderful open-air market for fresh produce and local goods.
- BMW Museum: A must-see for car lovers, the museum houses some of the most beautiful BMW models.
- Nymphenburg Palace: Tour this extravagant and historic Baroque palace, built in 1675. The former rulers of Bavaria from the House of Wittelsbach spent their summers in this palace.
The Weather in Munich
Munich has very mild, wet summers and cold, damp winters. Between December and February, temperatures can often drop below freezing. During this time, it frequently snows, too. Often it is a light layer of sleet but in extreme cases it can be very thick. Outside of these months, be prepared for frequent rainfall.
Munich Christmas Market
If you are visiting in winter, you may be lucky enough to see the Munich Christmas market. Open for over a month between late November and December, it’s thought to be one of the biggest and best in the world. Have fun at the outdoor ice skating rink, admire the festive decorations, listen to Christmas carols or do some shopping. The Christmas market attracts food stalls from around the world, so be sure to dig into something delicious while enjoying mulled wine or hot chocolate to keep warm.
When you book Munich flights with Air Europa on our official website, you can take advantage of our online check-in system to speed up your wait at the airport. You can also take control of your booking by choosing your seat and letting us know of any dietary requirements.