Windmills, tulips and bicycles. Yes, charming Amsterdam of course. Fly to Amsterdam with Air Europa to experience all this friendly city has to offer and the best deals on Amsterdam flights.
Things to do in Amsterdam
- Learn all about Amsterdam’s multi-cultural, popular neighbourhood De Pilp (translated, meaning The Pipe). One of the city’s most vibrant areas, it is home to a multitude of intriguing shops (including the well-known Albert Cuypmarket) as well as many international restaurants.
- Drop into the Rijksmuseum, the Netherlands’s national art and history museum. The museum boasts over 8,000 exhibitions of works of art including those of famed artists such as Vermeer, Rembrandt and Frans Hals.
- Visit the Anne Frank House to see where she and her family hid during the German occupation of WWII. Within it there is a historical museum that offers a personal collection outlining her extraordinary life.
- Take a sight-seeing cruise on what Amsterdam is most known for – its numerous canals! You can hop-on hop-off the popular canal buses or simply gently drift along, viewing the sights from your cruise boat.
- The Vondelpark is a perfect spot for stretching your legs and enjoying some fresh air. With over 10 million visitors yearly it is especially popular during the summer months for picnics, jogging and rollerblading. In the summer the park also has a free open-air theatre.
It’s easy to walk around central Amsterdam if you don’t want to go native and bicycle everywhere! Either way, you can enjoy the city’s canals, cobblestones and narrow houses with their attractive gabled facades, whichever option you choose.
When to visit Amsterdam
Tulip season between mid-March to early May is a lovely time of year to visit, and a time when these vibrant, multi-coloured flowers show their pretty little faces almost everywhere you look. Summer normally has the best weather and the city comes alive to take part in popular outdoor activities at beaches, parks, camps, cafes and canals. In other words, it’s a busy time!