Miami - Bilbao
New York - Bilbao
*Prices have been available for round-trip flights within the last 48 hours and may not be currently available. Additional baggage fees and fees for other optional services may apply. Other terms and conditions may apply.
An interesting former industrial city in Spain’s Basque region, Bilbao is ideally situated between sandy beaches and green hills. Whether you’re looking for culture, seaside, or outdoor adventures, you’ll find it here. Book your Bilbao flights on Air Europa’s official website for excellent services and a comfortable trip. The only question that remains: When are you visiting?
Tourism in Bilbao
- Marvel at the striking exterior of the Guggenheim Museum, one of Bilbao’s most famous sights, and view the diverse collections housed inside the gleaming maritime-themed structure. Be sure to snap some pictures of the unusual flower puppy that stands in front of the museum!
- Spend hours poring over artworks from different time periods at the Museo de Bellas Artes and the Museum of Sacred Art.
- Admire the stunning Gothic-style Cathedral of St. James, which dates back to the 14th
- Explore one of Europe’s largest covered markets and take in the range of fresh meats and fish for sale at Mercado de la Ribera.
- Visit the lavish Palacio de la Diputación, a spectacular building both inside and out.
- Ride the Artxanda Funicular and admire the stunning views from high up.
- Step back in time with a stroll through the historic streets of Casco Viejo.
- Walk up the Mallona stairs to relax in Parque Etxebarria, located where a steel factory once stood, and see the old chimney that reminds people of the city’s industrial heritage.
Churches in Bilbao
Somewhat surprisingly, given the city’s industrial past, Bilbao boasts a number of fine religious buildings.
- The 19th century Iglesia de San Nicolás honours the patron saint of sailors and it is one of the most impressive Baroque-style buildings in the area.
- The Gothic Iglesia de San Antóndates back to the early 1400s and showcases a mixture of architectural styles. You’ll recognise the beautiful church from the city’s crest.
- The sacred Basílica de Begoña is a stunning church that was built in the 1500s.
Things to Do Near Bilbao
There are plenty of diverse options for fabulous days out of the city.
- Explore Gorbeia National Park, the biggest – and one of the best – national parks in the Basque region. Enjoy the nature spotting, hiking, and mountain climbing on offer.
- The Painted Forest of Oma is a unique attraction that blends nature and art, with colourful patterns and images painted on the trees.
- Cross the bridge to the small island of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe for awesome views and to see the small hermitage dedicated to St. John the Baptist.
- Have fun at the beach town of Lekeitio and try your hand at surfing at Mundaka.
Enjoy the best onboard experience on your flight to Bilbao with Air Europa!