Fly to Caracas, the capital of Venezuela and a commercial and cultural city with many attractions and activities to suit all tastes. Whether you’re flying for business or for pleasure, book your flights to Caracas with Air Europa to experience a comfortable journey with top-notch services. Find the best prices on flights to Caracas by booking on Air Europa’s official website.
Best of Caracas
- Head to the top of the Avila for a bird’s eye view of the city and its surroundings, then enjoy scenic hikes through El Ávila National Park.
- Visit Casa Natal and Museo Bolívar to see where Simón Bolívar was born and learn more about the life of the prominent revolutionary who was a central figure in the fight for independence in South America.
- Wander along Plaza Bolívar and snap pictures of the many statues of the national hero.
- Stroll through the pretty neighbourhood of El Hatillo, which is home to many colonial-era houses.
- Admire stunning architecture at iconic spots like Caracas Cathedral, City Hall, the Capitol, and Government Palace.
- Relax in the peaceful Parque del Este and observe the numerous animals in the zoo.
- Take younger members of the family to the Children’s Museum of Caracas.
- See where traditions meet modernity at the unusual Panteón Nacional.
- Enjoy diverse artworks at the Caracas Contemporary Art Museum and Museo de Bellas Artes.
- Visit Plaza Venezuela in the evening to see the illuminated fountain against a backdrop of high-rise buildings.
Traditional Food and Drink in Caracas
Food lovers can have a feast in Caracas, sampling cuisine from around the country and beyond. Here are some top local dishes to try.
- One of Venezuela’s national dishes, pabellón, contains stewed beef with beans and banana, served with rice.
- Hervido soup makes full use of regional vegetables and also contains potatoes with fish, chicken, or beef.
- Sopa de mondongo is an acquired taste, with its main ingredients of tripe, root vegetables, and tamarind or lemon for a sour kick.
- Try perico for breakfast, which is scrambled eggs with onion and tomato, served with the popular local corn bread called arepa.
- Venezuelan cannoli are a type of dessert consisting of pastry rolled into a tube and stuffed with ricotta cheese, chocolate, and honey.
- Another great treat to satisfy any sweet tooth is the chocolate-filled rolls known as tequeños.
The Weather in Caracas
Caracas sees little variation in climate throughout the year, with temperatures usually hovering between 22 and 24 °C. It is fairly humid at all times of the year and May to November is the rainiest period.