Hamburg is one of the richest cities in Germany and is a bustling and adventurous metropolis you’ll love exploring. The city sits on hundreds of connecting canals so you can enjoy a punt down the water or a relaxing stroll along the canal paths. Book your flights to Hamburg with Air Europa on our official website and travel in comfort, with first-class service and entertainment on board one of the youngest and most modern fleets of aircraft in the world.
Hamburg Points of Interest
- Miniatur Wunderland – take a look around these amazingly detailed miniatures and see the world’s largest model railroad.
- Port of Hamburg – Hamburg has the biggest port in Germany so it’s definitely worth a walk around to see the sheer size of this harbour!
- Planten un Blomen park – enjoy a stroll around this urban park and watch the mesmerising water and light shows over the fountains from May to September.
- Hamburg Speicherstadt – this warehouse district is the world’s largest, and the architecture here is striking. Make sure to take a tour of the area, there’s plenty of history in this part of the city.
- Boberger Duenen – Escape the hustle and bustle of the city in this quiet and secluded beach nature reserve.
Sausages, schnitzels and sauerkraut may be the most famous German cuisine, but in northern Germany you can enjoy delicious, slightly more obscure foods. For a quick bite to eat, try the Fischbrötchen. This is a pickled herring roll served with onions, pickles and a sauce. If pickled herring isn’t to your taste, try a more conventional Finkenwerder Scholle. This is pan fried plaice, bacon, onion and prawns. For a sweet treat, opt for the Franzbrötchen. This is a delicious butter and cinnamon pastry.
Hamburg’s nightlife centres around the red-light district in St Pauli. Here you’ll find plenty of live music venues and clubs focused on hardcore electronic music, sitting side-by-side with jazz clubs and quiet pubs. There is a great atmosphere here with young locals enjoying partying alongside tourists and travellers and there’s sure to be a venue to suit your taste.
Make the most of your Hamburg flights with Air Europa's onboard Wi-Fi. You can use it to stream some music, get in touch with your family and friends, or catch up with some work. This is just one of the features we include on board our aircrafts to make flying a more enjoyable experience.