Havana is the capital city of Cuba and there’s no better way to fly in style than with flights to Havana with Air Europa. Experience maximum comfort and excellent service as you prepare to explore the winding streets and neo-classical architecture of Havana. What are you waiting for? Check out our flight deals online today.
What to do in Havana
- If history fascinates you, pay a visit to the Museum of the Revolution. It was built in honour of the Cuban Revolution and features art and design from the time.
- Discover fine European art at the Museum of Decorative Art. It is inspired by the French Renaissance and exhibits work from the time of Louis XV and Napoleon III.
- Visit El Morro, or head to the fortress of La Cabaña at 9pm, where soldiers in traditional 18th-century uniforms fire cannons to warn the city to close its gates – a tradition that dates back centuries.
- Dance the night away at the rhythm of the best Cuban salsa bands. There is no shortage of bars or venues for dancing in Havana – try La Casa de la Musica, which literally means the house of music!
- Stroll through Old Havana and discover the sounds, flavours and charm hidden in its many alleys and passages.
- Experience the rum-making process of the famous Havana Club rum at El Museo del Ron.
Cuba celebrates many festivals and annual events. Plan your trip to Havana with these in mind!
- Tobacco enthusiasts shouldn’t miss the Festival del Habano (Cuba’s most important cigar festival), hosted annually in February.
- Experience the International Ballet Festival of Havana at the end of October.
- If you can’t get enough of the film world, visit during the Havana Film Festival, which takes place in December and celebrates the best of Cuban and international cinema.
- Dance at the International Rap Festival celebrated in August or visit during December for Havana’s Jazz Festival.
Travel tips for Havana
The best beaches in the Havana area are Santa María del Mar and Playa Guanabo – perfect for escaping the crowds and watching the sunset. Head to nearby Varadero, approximately two hours away from Havana. Though Varadero is the area with the most resorts in Havana, there is no surprise as to why it’s so popular: it showcases white-sand beaches and beautiful landscapes. If you feel adventurous, visit the Saturno Cave.