Helsinki is a city filled with winding side streets, quirky shops and fantastic bars and restaurants. Air Europa has convenient and comfortable flights to Helsinki from 16 cities across Europe. It’s just one of the ways we try to make reaching your destination as simple and straightforward as possible.
The Weather in Helsinki
Helsinki has mild and wet summers so if you’re visiting between May and September you will need to take some light layers and waterproof clothes to be prepared for any changes in weather. The rest of the year is very cold, often with temperatures well below freezing. It regularly snows in Helsinki during winter.
Helsinki in Winter
Helsinki is a beautiful, frozen paradise and most visitors find that they actually prefer the city in winter. It is very cold and snowy and provides a festive atmosphere. The city and nearby Esplanadi Park is lit up with beautiful Christmas lights that add a magical feeling, and you can enjoy delicious hot chocolates and mulled wines while you explore. If you’re feeling sporty why not try some skiing, or you can indulge in one of the city’s favourite winter pastimes – a hot sauna!
Helsinki Points of Interest
- Fortress of Suomenlinna – take a quick ferry ride over to this historic fortress situated on its own island.
- Temppeliaukio Church – visit this beautiful church built directly into the rocks. There are often opera and gospel performances here.
- Helsinki Mental Asylum – take a walking tour around this once operating mental hospital and learn about the history of the ward and fascinating evolution of psychiatric practices in Finland.
- Hakaniemi Market – visit this huge indoor market for fresh produce and local goods. You can also grab an authentic, locally produced meal here.
- The Esplanadi Park – get a breath of fresh air when you take a stroll around this large wonderful park right in the city centre.
Why not explore this gorgeous European city for yourself? Fly to Helsinki on Air Europa for the best deals and service on board one of our spacious, modern planes. We also offer delicious à la carte meals to suit any taste and dietary requirement as well as a huge choice of drinks and refreshments, so you can start your holiday early and travel in style! We put the customer experience at the very centre of everything we do on board our flights. Book with us on our official website today!