Nicknamed ‘the city of the hundred churches’, you won’t be surprised to find Iași full to the brim with churches and religious sites, museums, and cultural attractions. A trip to Iași should be on any architecture lover's must-visit list. Don't be fooled into thinking Iași is a quiet town, though. There's plenty of nightlife to get involved in after a day of sightseeing. Explore this romantic, historic city in person and book your Air Europa flights to Iași via our official website today.
Points of Interest in Iași
- Palace of Culture – Start your exploration of the city’s culture and history here. This huge hall houses an amazing collection of art, monuments and important historical items.
- Palas Iași – enjoy some retail therapy at this large indoor shopping complex. You'll find lots of brands you know and love as well as some hidden gems selling locally produced goods.
- Botanic Garden – escape the hustle and bustle of the city in these sweeping grounds with beautifully manicured lawns and vibrantly coloured flowers.
- Golia Monastery – gain an insight into the old ways of the monastery and enjoy the beautiful architecture of this medieval structure.
- Church of the Three Hierarchs – walk around what is often described as the most beautiful church in the city.
Iași is famed for its amazing nightlife, mainly geared towards the younger population and the students who attend the local university. You can enjoy loud dance music and cheap drinks at any of the local nightclubs. If you’d rather a more relaxed atmosphere, head to one of the cocktail lounges or quieter bars. Alternatively, check out the city's live music scene or even catch a night of stand-up comedy.
The Weather in Iași
Between May and September Iași is very warm and sunny, however this is also the wet season. June is the rainiest month while November, December and January are very cold, and temperatures can often drop below freezing in January, so if you are travelling in these months you’ll need to pack lots of warm clothes!
Fly to Iași on Air Europa for a relaxing flight with the latest in entertainment and onboard Wi-Fi services. We also have a delicious selection of meals and drinks offered by our flight attendants, with something to suit any dietary requirement. We put customer care at the centre of everything we do at Air Europa, so why you fly with us, your holiday begins the minute you step onto one of our planes.