*Prices have been available for round-trip flights within the last 48 hours and may not be currently available. Additional baggage fees and fees for other optional services may apply. Other terms and conditions may apply.
Beautiful architecture, exquisite natural landmarks, history and amenities are all woven into one fantastic tapestry in the capital city of Istanbul. It's the city where Eastern and Western influences meet and mingle. Air Europa's deals on flights to Istanbul from 16 destinations across Europe mean you can plan your next holiday here and experience the city for yourself. Check them out on our official website today.
Istanbul Points of Interest
- Ortakoy: Visit this neighbourhood for art galleries, delicious cups of Turkish coffee and amazing views of the city over the water.
- Hagia Sophia Museum: Go inside a domed church featuring over 30 million gold tiles to access this museum.
- Blue Mosque: This 17th century mosque is an amazing example of Turkish architecture. The name gives a hint to the décor; the mosque is lined with thousands of blue tiles.
- Sultanahmet District: The historic centre of the city provides easy access to the city’s main attractions, or just enjoy the local shops and restaurants.
- Bosphorus Strait: Take a boat ride across the body of water that separates Europe and Asia.
Traditional Foods in Istanbul
Turkish food is usually a mix of many different cultures and cuisines that results in something unique and flavoursome. Specialities to definitely try on your visit to Istanbul include böreks, a huge pastry dish stuffed with minced meat or vegetables and cheese; authentic kebabs – you’ll be surprised at the difference in quality between the Turkish kebab and a takeaway version – and delicious Turkish delight; these soft, jellied sweets tend to be rose or fruit flavoured. Another sweet treat to keep an eye out for is baklava, a delicate pastry dish filled with nuts and syrup.
The Weather in Istanbul
June to September are popular months to visit because that’s when the weather is best in Turkey. During these months, the days are long, hot and sunny with little chance of rain. However, Istanbul can be pleasant during the other months as well. It gets quite cold between December and February though, and there’s a very high chance of rain so take an umbrella, so you can continue exploring the city even if it starts to rain!
Before you book your Istanbul flights, become a member of our Air Europa SUMA programme. You can earn points every time you fly with us or our partner airlines. Collect your points as you travel for business or pleasure and cash them in for access to airport lounges, upgrades and flight discounts.