*Prices have been available for round-trip flights within the last 48 hours and may not be currently available. Additional baggage fees and fees for other optional services may apply. Other terms and conditions may apply.
“When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life”, spoke English writer Samuel Johnson. And how right he was! Fly Air Europa to London and find out more.
Things to do in London
- London was built on history and there is plenty of it to see! The Tower of London is one option, the famous landmark home to the Crown Jewels, the cell in which Sir Walter Raleigh was imprisoned, Royal Armories and the famous Beefeaters who guard it all (not to mention the cheeky ravens too).
- If your interests lay in art and design, the V&A (Victoria and Albert) Museum houses a stunning collection of historic art and design including pieces from all over the world.
- Buckingham Palace, the London residence of Queen Elizabeth 11, is now open to visitors. See the Palace’s 19 splendid State Rooms, furnished with many Royal Collection treasures, and enjoy a real sense of regal life.
- Hop onto South Bank’s famous London Eye, the 443 ft (135 m) tall Ferris Wheel to enjoy the 360-degree view of this grand city.
- London is famous for its parks including pretty St. James Park, the city’s oldest. Take a stroll and enjoy its beautiful wildlife sanctuary, filled with ducks, swans, geese and curious pelicans.
Walk around this fascinating city, with a history that stretches back to Roman times. Within its heart stands the famous “Big Ben” clock tower, its peals resonating throughout London since 1889. The magnificent Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey, the location of British monarch coronations, stand nearby.
When to visit London
Amongst other things that London is famous for is its unreliable weather! Whatever time of year you plan to visit, it’s always a good idea to keep a “brolly” (umbrella) within easy reach. Springtime is normally a lovely time of year to visit, with the evenings staying lighter and daffodils, primroses and bluebells in full bloom. London doesn’t suffer from extreme weather, however, so you’re safe to visit all year round!
For the best deals on flights to London Gatwick from Spain and over 16 European cities, fly Air Europa today!