Consisting of a huge collection of modernist buildings (the second-largest collection in the world, in fact!), Melilla is a historic, exciting and dynamic city. There are Spanish influences all over this autonomous African destination. There is an abundance of tapas restaurants and bars that sit alongside the museums, architecture and the fortress to add a touch of modern Spanish flair to a city steeped in history. Air Europa flights to Melilla serve destinations across Europe. We have one of the youngest fleets of aircrafts in the world, so when you fly with us, you can be confident that you’re making the journey on a safe, modern and reliable plane. Our aircrafts are fitted with additional amenities such as in-flight Wi-Fi and personal entertainment systems to ensure the very best flight experience for our passengers.
Melilla Points of Interest
- Ciudad Vieja: Tour these museums and caves and climb to the top of the towers for views over the port.
- Hernandez Park: Walk around this beautiful and well-maintained park. Statues and monuments add character to the lush greenery.
- Las Cuevas del Conventico: Take a guided tour of the caves once used to defend the city from attack.
- Triángulo de Oro del Modernismo: Enjoy the modernist architecture of the buildings.
- Plaza de España: Central to all of the attractions in Melilla, it’s a beautiful spot to picnic with views over the water.
Offering comfortable seating throughout and great views of the nearby harbour front, Playa de los Carabos is a fantastic area to visit at night too, when the beach is lit up and the sea is calm. Another popular choice, Playa de la Hípica is a huge, sandy beach lined with restaurants and cafes, so you can take a break from sunbathing for a tasty bite to eat. Additionally, Ensenada de los Galapagos, a more unusual option, is a gorgeous little alcove tucked in between some ancient ruins that protect it from the wind.
The Weather in Melilla
For the best weather in Melilla, visit between May and September. This is when the days are hottest and there’s little to no chance of rain. However, it’s also a great year-round destination because the winter months are very mild, bright and dry.
Air Europa will take care of everything you could possibly need onboard your Melilla flights. With delicious meal options to suit any dietary requirement and a complimentary personal entertainment system for you to use, just sit back, relax and enjoy the journey. Book via our official website today.