This Spanish city is a magical destination. Spend your time strolling amongst the beautiful buildings and bathing in the history. Salamanca is one of the most impressive historic towns in the world, with stunning architecture sat on a calm river. It's hard not to fall head over heels for this city. At Air Europa, we like to reward our loyal customers for choosing to fly with us time and again. By becoming a member of our Air Europa SUMA programme, you can earn points on your flight to Salamanca. Once you’ve collected enough points, you can redeem them for free flights, upgrades and more. Sign up and book your flights on our official website today.
Things to Do in Salamanca
From beautiful architecture to delicious traditional food, one thing’s for sure: you won’t be bored in Salamanca!
- Huerto de Calixto y Melibea – Head to this beautiful city garden for amazing views of the two cathedrals.
- Salamanca's Plaza Mayor – Visit this amazing plaza and enjoy a drink or a meal in the picturesque surroundings.
- Old Cathedral of Salamanca – Take in the beautiful, historic architecture.
- Convento de San Esteban – Take a tour of this fantastic old convent and learn more about its history.
- Mercado Central – Purchase some quality, fresh produce or local goods at this huge market.
The Weather in Salamanca
July and August are the hottest, driest months of the year, so Salamanca can be a fantastic summer getaway at this time. The weather for the rest of the year can be patchy. Temperatures can cool a lot during winter and you will need to wrap up warm. You may experience some light rain during your visit so take an umbrella with you.
A University Town with History
The Universidad de Salamanca was traditionally Spain’s top university, rivalling Oxford at one point in its history. During the Spanish Civil War and ensuing dictatorship in the 20th century, the university became a hotbed of political tension as Franco tried to impose a conservative curriculum. As a traditionally liberal city with a lively student population, both Spanish and international, he faced strong resistance.
Air Europa’s customer care team will be happy to help with any requests to make your Salamanca flight as enjoyable as possible. Our advisers are available by phone or online on Twitter and Facebook to help you with any alterations or special requests you may have. We're always on hand to improve your flight experience.