*Prices have been available for round-trip flights within the last 48 hours and may not be currently available. Additional baggage fees and fees for other optional services may apply. Other terms and conditions may apply.
This hectic city is full of heart, with street parties, carnivals and samba drum beats often being the soundtrack to daily life. Intercontinental flights to Salvador can be long, but don’t worry; Air Europa will take care of everything you could possibly need. With delicious meal options to suit any dietary requirement and a complimentary personal entertainment system for you to enjoy, just sit back and relax. The journey will fly by. Visit our official website to book your flight!
Salvador Points of Interest
As well as being a fun, lively city, Salvador also has a very rich cultural heritage. Plenty of beautiful churches and cathedrals, amazing architecture and museums attract both visitors and residents alike. Some of the best attractions include:
- São Francisco Church and Convent: Tour this lavish 18th century church to see ornate artworks, beautiful statues and grand furniture.
- Itaipava Arena Fonte Nova: This stadium has hosted the Olympic Games, World Cup matches as well as sold-out arena concerts.
- Pelourinho: With cobbled streets and coloured buildings, the picturesque and historic town centre is a lovely place to enjoy a cup of coffee or take a walk.
- Ponta do Humaita: A lovely spot with spectacular views of the city skyline over the water.
- Elevador Lacerda: The lift takes you to the top of this tower for undisturbed views of the entire city and water.
Beaches in Salvador
There are plenty of wonderful beaches in Salvador to suit any holidaymaker. Though a bit outside the city, Flamengo Beach is one of the prettiest and often very quiet. Similarly, to get to Ilha dos Frades, a remote beach on a nearby island, you’ll need to make it a day trip. It’s well worth it though; lush, green grass meets pure white sand and calm seas, while nearby trees provide shade. If you want to stay in the city, Farol da Barra is the closest and most popular. This little strip of sand lines the skyscrapers, so while it may not provide a peaceful, relaxed atmosphere, it’s very convenient and a lovely place to spend a day. Otherwise, Praia do Porto da Barra is another convenient option. This family-friendly beach offers snorkelling as well.
The Weather in Salvador
Salvador is hot and sunny year-round. The wet season runs between May and September, so if you are travelling then, make sure to prepare for the odd downpour or rainy day.
Become a member of our Air Europa SUMA loyalty programme to earn points for Salvador flights and redeem them for future flights, upgrades and airport lounge access. It’s just one of the ways we like to thank our passengers for choosing to fly with us.