Uruguay flights take you to one of the smallest countries in South America. Uruguay is famous for football, wine, beaches, colonial gems and stunning nature. There’s much to enjoy on a vacation to Uruguay . Fly in comfort and style, with world-class entertainment and exquisite food onboard one of Air Europa’s aircrafts today!
Top Attractions in Uruguay
- Montevideo (MVD): Spend a few days uncovering the Uruguayan capital’s key sites, including Pittamiglio Castle, the Cathedral, Torres García Museum, the Carnaval Museum and Mausoleo de Artigas. Watch the sunset from the Rambla, wander through the historic old town of Ciudad Vieja, see the colourful homes of Barrio Reus, pick up souvenirs in the bustling markets.
- Colonia del Sacramento: Experience a taste of Europe in South America as you walk past colonial buildings on quaint cobbled streets.
- Punta del Diablo: Harness the power of the waves with some summertime surfing at this charming fishing village.
- Minas: Climb Cerro Arequita, hike through lush forests and spot bats in Columbus Cave.
- Punta del Este: Bask on beautiful beaches, party all night long, learn how to surf and try an array of water sports.
Food and Drink in Uruguay
Cuisine in Uruguay is generally meat-focused, and seafood is common in coastal areas. Tuck into “chivito”, a steak sandwich, the barbecued meats of “tira de asado”, the hotdog-like “pancho”, the Spanish-style stew of “puchero”, and empanadas stuffed with meat and cheese. Satisfy your sweet tooth with “bizcochos", "massini”, “churros”, “chajá” and flan, among others. Don’t miss trying Uruguayan wine and the locally made whisky of Dunbar. Mix wine with fruit juice to make a refreshing “cleric”.
When to Visit Uruguay
October to March is the prime tourist season in Uruguay, with the sunny weather drawing many people to the beaches. The temperatures are still pleasant in spring and autumn, making this an ideal time for outdoor adventures and city explorations. Candlemas is a joyous religious festival held annually on February with processions, live music and dancing. The Lent Carnival is vibrant, with parades, pageants, music, dancing, food and street parties. Semana Santa (Holy Week) also brings numerous celebrations in Montevideo over the week. Natalicio de Artigas in June, and Independence Day in August, are great times to witness Uruguayan patriotism, pride and culture. At the start of November, Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead) is another large national celebration.
Enjoy delicious in-flight cuisine that caters to different dietary requirements and excellent onboard entertainment when you book your flights to Uruguay on Air Europa’s official website.