Often described as Italy’s most underrated city, Genoa offers a glimpse of traditional Italy still undiluted by tourism. This bustling port city is authentic, friendly, and beautiful. You'll love Genoa's coloured houses, cobbled streets, and impressive monuments. Most of all, you'll fall in love with the rural charm of this seaside town. Air Europa has fantastic deals on Genoa flights, with regular departures from cities throughout Europe. Our flights are always punctual and reliable. No matter where you are joining us from, you can be confident in our excellent flight experience. Book your flight to Genoa via our official website today.
Genoa is a food lover’s paradise. There’s a whole host of speciality dishes specific to Genoa, such as fried anchovies and oven-roasted snails. As the birthplace of pesto, you’d be strongly advised to try some fresh egg pasta coated in this delicious, creamy sauce. Have a side of focaccia dipped in olive oil, too. Squid-ink ravioli is a high-end dish that’s hard to get right but when prepared correctly, it’s delicious. Genoa is a fishing city so tuck into some delectable, fresh seafood accompanied by a local white wine.
As a port city, what Genoa lacks in beaches it makes up for in charm and beauty. There aren’t many traditional sandy beaches, but there are dramatic cliffs that overhang the sea and fishing ports for you to walk around and take in the sweeping views. There are a few private beaches you can pay to enjoy but you’d be better off heading a little out of the city to some of the surrounding beaches. Bagni La Caletta is accessible by bus or taxi ride.
Genoa Points of Interest
- Boccadasse – head to this picturesque fishing village for fresh seafood and beautiful, coloured buildings.
- Spianata Castelletto – walk or take the lift to this viewpoint for panoramic views of the city.
- Palazzi dei Rolli – a street of stunning historic mansions, open for public viewing.
- Torri di Porta Soprana – take a walk around this old castle and tower for an impressive example of the city’s history and architecture.
- Palazzo Ducale – see some of Genoa’s best art collections all in one museum.
Fly to Genoa with Air Europa and you can enjoy excellent in-flight Wi-Fi and entertainment, as well as a selection of delicious meals suitable for any dietary requirement. When you travel with Air Europa, the journey will fly by!