Known for glorious beaches, vibrant nightlife, and nearby desert landscapes, Israel’s most southern city is also a top destination for diving enthusiasts. Book your flight to Eilat with Air Europa and enjoy excellent service and onboard comfort enroute to this stunning Red Sea gem.
Things to do in Eilat
- Plunge into the waters at Dolphin Reef and swim alongside majestic dolphins for an unforgettable experience.
- Enjoy nightlife around the Hotels Zone and Marina areas of the city. Eilat is quickly becoming one of top destinations in Israel for bars and nightclubs.
- Go hiking along the many trails that snake through Red Canyon. The red sandstone that makes up the rock walls of the canyon gives the area a beautiful auburn hue.
- Go birding at the Botanic Gardens in Eilat. This lush, manmade oasis is home to plants from the world over and has waterfalls and streams running through it.
- Catch a light show at the Musical Fountain. At night, this large plaza fountain creates a mesmerizing visual experience that is accompanied by music.
Diving in Eilat
There are more than 1,200 species of fish and around 250 types of coral in the pristine waters around Eilat. The summer months bring whale sharks and dolphins to the warm waters, as well as colourful clownfish, lionfish, barracuda, and parrotfish. Eilat boasts scuba diving sites that are suitable for all levels of diver.
- The Coral Beach Nature Reserve is one of the area’s most popular diving sites. The stretching reserve boasts stunning corals in various shades. Don’t miss the wonderful Japanese Gardens, with a gorgeous coral wall, at the end of the reserve.
- Appreciate the beauty of the four underwater statues that are also teeming with aquatic life at the Statue Garden artificial reef.
- Explore the Satil Wreck and swim through the engine room, launching area, and bridge of the large missile vessel. You’ll be surrounded by various sea creatures as you move through the once-mighty ship.
Getting Around Eilat
Since Eilat is not very large, you can walk to most points of interest. However, the Egged public bus system can get you around the city with ease. For locations outside of the bus range, you can hire a taxi or rent a car.
When to visit Eilat
The peak period to visit Eilat is between July and August. September and October are especially great times to explore Eilat’s underwater scene, with smaller crowds and beautifully warm waters.
Book your Air Europa flight to Eilat today to experience the incredible splendours of the underwater world. Sign up for the Air Europa SUMA loyalty programme for the best deals on future flights.