Melbourne is one of the hippest cities in the world. From fantastic, graffiti-lined streets to pop-up restaurants, amazing street performers to quirky bars and pubs, there’s something to see on every corner. Make your flights to Melbourne with Air Europa as comfortable as possible by upgrading to a Business Class seat when you book via our official website. Once settled, put on your complimentary eye mask, plug in your free earplugs, get cosy in your lie-flat seat and get some shut eye. You’ll land rested and ready to explore this dynamic city.
Points of Interest in Melbourne
- Melbourne Cricket Ground: Watch world-class cricket games here, including the Ashes.
- Phillip Island: Take a day trip to see the wild penguins hatching and moving about the beach.
- Hosier Lane: See the incredible graffiti and street art that adorns this famous street.
- Kilda: What awaits are a beach, the world-famous Luna Park and plenty of amazing restaurants and bars.
- Eureka Skydeck 88: Enjoy drinks on the viewing platform of the tallest building in Melbourne and watch the sunset over the city's skyline.
Major events are always taking place in Melbourne, including some of the most prestigious sports matches. For instance, it is host to Formula One racing, which takes place in March at Albert Park, and the Ashes, which is hosted at Melbourne Cricket Ground during December. You can also enjoy some horse racing at the Melbourne Cup, the biggest horse race in Australia, or world-class comedy during the month-long comedy festival the city holds each year. Melbourne is a city of food and drink lovers, so head to the Night Market held once a week. You can try a selection of street foods cooked fresh in front of you while being entertained with live music.
The Weather in Melbourne
Melbourne is one of the most southern points of the country and doesn’t get as hot as other Australian cities. You’ll find it much more bearable than in other Australian destinations. However, that’s not to say you won’t still be blessed with sunshine. The hot, summer months last between November and April. The rest of the year can be quite chilly and wet so be sure to bring a coat on your trip.
Book your flight with Air Europa and don’t forget to join our Air Europa SUMA programme before your Melbourne flights to earn points while you fly. Points are redeemable for upgrades and discounts.