Beirut offers an East-meets-West destination for travellers who are keen to experience classic Eastern lifestyles blended with certain modernities of Western culture. The city is incredibly busy and energetic, and you’ll find yourself exploring all it has to offer tirelessly. Fly to Beirut with Air Europa to experience everything this vibrant and eclectic city has to offer!
Best of Beirut
Beirut is a wonderful destination with plenty to explore. Some of the main attractions you won’t want to miss are:
- The National Museum of Beirut – explore the biggest collection of art and historical monuments in Lebanon. There is an impressive array of archaeological artefacts from across Lebanon, showcasing its varied history in beautiful surroundings.
- Mohammad Al-Amin Mosque – this iconic Lebanese mosque is also one of the most beautiful.
- Zaitunay Bay – head to the bay for a gorgeous view of the city or enjoy a delicious seafood lunch overlooking the water during a relaxed day out.
- Pigeon Rocks in Raouché – this seaside attraction is popular with tourists and locals alike. The sea has eroded these iconic offshore rocks over thousands of years. A leisurely walk along the promenade will bring you to these fascinating geological formations, offering particularly stunning views at sunset.
- ABC Mall – indulge in a bit of retail therapy at this large shopping mall. There’s a huge collection of shops to suit any budget or taste.
What to Eat in Beirut
Beirut is a multicultural city, so the food is a combination of very traditional Lebanese food as well as interesting Western fusions. Mezze dishes are popular and are a good choice for those of you wanting to try lots of different local foods. These light snacking plates are also good for sharing. Chargrilled meats are on most Lebanese menus and are often very tender and flavoursome – just watch out for bones in some dishes! Try a ka’ak from a street vendor – this seeded bread makes a good light snack.
The Weather in Beirut
Beirut has warm dry summers, so the best time to visit is between May and October. It rains quite a lot between December and February so if you’re travelling in these months you’ll need to take a waterproof jacket and an umbrella, but there is plenty to do and see no matter when you travel!
Book with Air Europa via our official website today to get the best flight deals to Beirut, and travel in style on board one of the youngest fleets in the world. We offer fantastic, reliable flights from destinations throughout Europe.